Area info Benitachell
[:en]Roughly 80 kilometres north of Alicante, lies Benitachell. This small but picturesque town is perfect for Costa Blanca vacation or living. Surrounded by nature, it lies in between the Cabo de la Nau to the north and the Capo D’or to the south. Roughly 60 percent of the towns permanent residents are foreigners.Nature Benitachell is surrounded by amazing natural sights. Inland you have mountains and long widths of countryside, and towards the sea, the cliffs fall steeply into the azure Mediterranean waters. Along the footholds of the montgo you can find fields of almonds and grapes, and along the coast, the most amazing beaches and secluded coves and cliff sides. Benitachell has it all.Beaches As with the entire Costa Blanca area, in Benitachell you are never far away from an amazing beach. Benitachell can boast an impressive 2 kilometres of beaches, with crystal clear and safe water. Some of the beaches you could go visit here are:
• Cala Moraig is the beach near most of the urbanizations where you will most likely be living. This curved pebble beach lies in a secluded section of the coastline, protected by the perching cliff sides on either side. The mountainside rises sharply just behind the narrow beach, making it almost feel part of the azure Mediterranean water. Here you can find crystal clear water perfect for snorkelling and coves on either side. The beach can be accessed by a wooden trail, and once here, there are amenities for you to enjoy such as a bar and deckchairs.
• Playa de la Granadella is an excellent blue flag beach, located in a bay in the southern end of Xabia. This secluded beach is very popular due to its clear, blue waters and beautiful surrounding cliff sides. Due to its popularity, there is limited parking, and access is monitored by guards from the 10th July until the 31st august between the hours of 11 and 20.Sport In Benitachell, there are plenty of sporting activities to partake in. With a base here, you can reach most sports you could wish to partake in. For example, if you wish to join a gym, you can find several in Benitachell itself, and some in nearby Moraira. If tennis is for you, you will also have rich opportunities to improve your skills here.
As with most other Costa Blanca cites, you aren’t ever far away from excellent golf courses, and so, improving your golf is a great time to enjoy your stay. An example of such a course nearby could be the:
• Club de Golf Ifach has a lovely golf course with 9 holes consisting of six par three and three par four. The club has all facilities like locker rooms, showers, cafeteria and trainers.
The prime location of Benitachell on the waterfront, also makes it perfect for water sports. In nearby Moraira, you can rent most amenities you could wish for, and this makes it perfect for enjoying the Mediterranean waters.To see For those in good health, we recommend a trip to the montgo massif. This impressive mountain soars above the surrounding countryside, and so it offers impressive views of the Costa Blanca. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the Costa Blanca nature and is perfect for a day trip. A hard trip up the mountain but rewarding once completed.If you are however, not interested in such a challenge there is plenty for you to do. The Costa Blanca is a prime location for seaside relaxation and sporting activities to partake in.To eat We highly recommend you try the local cuisine when staying or living in the Costa Blanca area. Delicious, fresh, food is the hallmark of the cuisine in this region. In Benitachell there are excellent dining options, even more appear if you venture out of the city itself. A few restaurants we could recommend would be:
• Restaurante La Cumbre serves excellent food with a seaview. It is perfect for a fancy dinner night. You can find them at C.C. Adelfas, Urb. Cumbre del Sol, Benitachell.
• Montevideo in Benitachell is another fine option. Here they serve Mediterranean food in an authentic environment. Great for all tastes. You can find them at Calle Asegador 4, 03726, 03726 Benitachell.Facilities In Benitachell you will find all possible amenities you might want for everyday life. In the town itself, you can find excellent shopping opportunities. You can find supermarkets, a pharmacy, a library, and even a postal office. In short, everything you might need.Should you, however, be unlucky enough to need it, you can find an emergency room in
nearby Teulada. The clinic is located at:
• IMED Teulada, Ctra. Teulada - Moraira, 2, 03725 Teulada, Alacant.To get there To get to Benitachell, you need to take the A70 from the N-338. You follow this and the AP-7 until N-332 taking exit AP-7. Then continuing the N-332 and then the CV-740 you will reach Benitachell.[:]